Vim detects a file on a VMS Samba share has changed whenithas not

BG - Ben Armstrong BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca
Tue Jun 7 11:02:30 GMT 2005

> So as you can see, bg.tas ends up with a "Revised" date
> reflecting the latest write to the file, but retains the
> original ownership & creation date from when [DV,DYMAX] took
> ownership of the file in the previous night's regular batch
> processing.

It just keeps getting stranger and stranger.  I did the same thing as
yesterday -- that is, I edited the same file owned by [DV,DYMAX] -- but
today the file ownership was changed to [DV,BG] (my own UID) and the
creation date was changed to the current date/time as soon as I did the
first "Save" to the file.  I cannot imagine what factor might have
changed to give me different results today than yesterday.  If I think
of something, I'll let you know.

Ben