Different times on VMS and Windows for a file

Albrecht Schlosser ajs856 at tiscali.de
Wed Jan 5 19:07:56 GMT 2005

Tillman, Brian (AGRE) wrote:
> Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
>
>>$ @sys$manager:utc$time_setup "" show
>

> The second parameter to UTC$TIME_SETUP.COM can have a value of "TIMEZONE", "TDF", "BOTH", and "NONE", as far as I can tell.  This is on OpenVMS V7.3.  However, this seems to produce what you seek:
>
> @sys$manager:utc$configure_tdf show
>
>     SYSTEM TIME DIFFERENTIAL FACTOR = -5:00  (-18000 seconds).
>     LOCAL SYSTEM TIME               =  5-JAN-2005 11:34:17.25.

well, I used OpenVMS V7.3-2, and this is what I get with ...

$ @sys$manager:utc$configure_tdf show

       The procedure SYS$MANAGER:UTC$CONFIGURE_TDF.COM is being executed.

       This procedure is obsolete and does not produce fully correct
       results in all cases.  To setup all time zone information,
       please execute the following command:

           $ @SYS$MANAGER:UTC$TIME_SETUP.COM

%NONAME-E-NOMSG, Message number 00000002

AFAIK, this has been changed with V7.3, but it might also have been 7.3-1.

Your command is correct for V7.2-1 and maybe many others.

Albrecht