Different times on VMS and Windows for a file

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Wed Jan 5 10:22:52 GMT 2005

Hi.

> is this a Samba-VMS problem?

I don't think so. I guess the problem lies in your TCPIP configuration.

> what is the format for POSIX$DEFAULT_TZ?

This logical is (was) used by a product called "POSIX for OpenVMS". As far
as I know, this product was not widely used. The format of this logical is
the same as SYS$TIMEZONE_RULE

> how is the time differential handled ?

Directly through standard calls to the TCP/IP product

> if so, how do I fix it?

I think you may fix the problem by using the sys$manager:utc$time_setup.com
procedure.

JY