Error: "failed to change delete on close flag" in 2.2.8 (JYC 17-Aug-05)

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Wed Aug 31 10:27:46 GMT 2005

I remember that those "failed to change delete on close flag" errors where
linked to a more general problem of file interlocks and sharing, which was
fixed with the 20050201 version. There was no changes in this area since.

I suggest to check that the .TDB files situated in the
SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR.LOCKS] area where reinitialized since that version (i.e.
their creation dates are later than the installation of the 20050201
version).

If they are not, you just have to stop Samba, delete all those
[VAR.LOCKS]*.TDB files and restart Samba. Do NOT delete the SECRETS.TDB file
situated in the SAMBA_ROOT:[PRIVATE] area.

If the problem happens again, please tell me, and I'll make additional
research.

JYC