Samba 2.2.8 (JYC 31-Mar-05 version) problem with records longer than 1022 bytes

John Santos john.santos at post.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 17 22:58:29 GMT 2005

At 01:53 PM 8/17/2005 +0200, COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
>A new version (20050817) is available at
>http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/
>
>JYC

I'm trying to compile 20050531 version with the change you suggested for long
records on my VAX (VMS 7.3/DEC C  V6.4/TCPware V5.6-2) as I write this.

:-( looks like I'll have to start over...

So far, I've gotten warnings on 3 modules, about mismatched pointer types.
Compiling CLIPRINT in LIBSMB
                             &rparam, &rprcnt,                /* return
params, length */
         .............................^
%CC-W-PTRMISMATCH1, In this statement, the referenced type of the pointer value
  "&rprcnt" is "int", which is not compatible with "unsigned int" because they
  differ by signed/unsigned attribute.
                 At line number 91 in DU0:[SAMBA.SOURCE.LIBSMB]CLIPRINT.C;4.

is a typical example.  The variables are rdrcnt and rprcnt in CLIPRINT and
CLIRAP,
and rparam_count and rdata_count in CLISECDESC.

Since these are warnings, I don't think it will effect the link, though I
have seen
cases of C compiler warnings that produced unlinkable object modules (or maybe
there's a qualifier on LINK that says it's okay to have warnings, and
whatever I was
building didn't use the qualifier?  I don't see such a qualifier in HELP
LINK, but maybe
there is something in the options file?)

I just recompiled the same sources on an Alpha (V7.3-2, DEC C V6.5/TCPware
V5.6-2)
and had no warnings.  DEC C 6.4 vs. 6.5 or an Alpha/VAX difference?

If you need, I would be happy to upload the VAX object modules/libraries,
assuming it builds/links okay.
Or would it be better to do over with the latest sources?

John Santos