Samba 2.2.8 (JYC 31-Mar-05 version) problem with records longer than 1022 bytes

Rodney Kimber Rodney.Kimber at vistacomp.com.au
Tue Aug 16 03:19:05 GMT 2005

I have been using the JYC version of Samba for a couple of months now
and think it is great.  I have just come across a problem and wonder if
there is a fix for it or if anyone else has come across a similar
situation.

If I produce a file with lines longer than 1022 bytes then Samba will
display this file as an empty file.

For example,

This file will be displayed as an empty file.

TEST1.TXT;1           File ID:  (27730,7,0)
Size:           35/112        Owner:    [SYSTEM]
File organization:  Sequential
Shelved state:      Online
Caching attribute:  Writethrough
File attributes:    Allocation: 112, Extend: 100, Global buffer count: 0
                    No version limit
Record format:      Variable length, maximum 2048 bytes, longest 1248
bytes
Record attributes:  Carriage return carriage control

This file will be displayed correctly (other than the data that is now
missing because I had to shorten the lines!!!)

TEST2.TXT;1                 File ID:  (37305,33,0)
Size:           28/32         Owner:    [SYSTEM]
File organization:  Sequential
Shelved state:      Online
Caching attribute:  Writethrough
File attributes:    Allocation: 32, Extend: 0, Global buffer count: 0
                    No version limit
Record format:      Variable length, maximum 0 bytes, longest 1022 bytes
Record attributes:  Carriage return carriage control

Thanks for your help,
Rodney Kimber