print share

loredana.martusciello at isti.cnr.it loredana.martusciello at isti.cnr.it
Sat Apr 16 18:37:25 GMT 2005

I'm trying to configure a print server with samba 2.2.8.

I tried some simple test configurations but I was not able
to print from a pc-windows-XP.

Is there someone that can send me a complete simple configuration
example ?

In my case:
I can print successfully from VMS to the printer via Samba/VMS command
smbclient \\mainserver\hp4100
(the VMS printer queue is managed by DCPS).

I can see the printer by the windows-xp printers browser.
I can select the printer: I receive the request to install a print
driver that i select from local disk.
If I select the printer (by a double-click) I don't get any progress: it
remains appended.

Below I append my smb.conf

Best regards,
Loredana

[global]
   workgroup = AAADOMAIN
   netbios name = MainServer
   security = SHARE
;;;   password server = MY-DOMAIN-CONTROLLER
   username map = /SAMBA_ROOT/LIB/smbusers.dat
   dead time = 10
   map archive = no
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /SYS$SPECIFIC/TCPIP$LPD/TCPIP$PRINTCAP.DAT
   load printers = yes
   print command = print %f/queue=%p/delete/passall/name="""""%s"""""
   lprm command = delete/entry=%j
   default service = default
   preferred master = No
   local master = No