samba-vms Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

Stephen Eickhoff operagost at operagost.com
Wed Apr 13 00:04:50 GMT 2005

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:10:01 -0400
> From: "Bradford J. Hamilton" <bradhamilton at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: RE : RE : RE : RE : Disk share size reporting error?
> To: samba-vms at lists.samba.org
>
> COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
>
>>OK, thanks.
>>
>>Now, could you give me a couple more informations :
>>- A copy of your SAMBA_ROOT:[LIB]SMB.CONF file
>>- If I guess correctly, "WEB" should be a logical name. Is it true, and if
>>it is, which does it translate to ?
>>- What is your VMS version ?
>>- Have you installed the latest patches (ACRTL/UPDATE mostly) available for
>>that VMS version ?

I have the same problem on my DS10L with VMS 8.2.
I don't know if it's related, but I also can't view shares with NET VIEW
  \\nodename.  It says, "The server is not configured for transactions."
They work OK if I map or open them directly with the UNC path.
The disk uses ODS-5.  It also happens to be exactly 30 GB.

Halfway-configured conf follows:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from purcell.operagost.local (192.168.0.101)
# Date: 2005/02/19 20:56:50

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = OPERAGOST
         server string = Johann Sebastian Bach
         security = DOMAIN
         log file = /samba_root/var/log.%m
         deadtime = 10
         printcap name = /sys$manager/ucx$printcap.dat
         default service = default
         guest account = SAMBA__GUEST
         create mask = 0777
     print command = print %f/queue=%p/delete/passall/name="""""%s"""""
         map archive = No

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         read only = No