Samba 2.2.12? (was: Disk share size reporting error?)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Apr 12 19:24:09 GMT 2005

Ross Smith wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005, at 12:50 PM, COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
>
>>> could someone please post a couple of lines saying
>>> what the latest release(s) are for VMS and where they can be obtained.
>>
>> OK, I think I can answer that.
>>
>> The version 2.2.8 is currently available for download at
>> http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/
>>
>> John E. Malmberg has mixed the 2.2.8 port with the Unix 2.2.12
>> version, and has done a number of changes/enhancements,
 >> mostly to support VMS 8.2 and IA64.
>

> This is very helpful.  Thank you!
>
> In fact I do have a IA64 box and so for me, maybe, the 2.2.12 version
> may be the best bet if I'm starting from scratch.
>
> I had hesitated in part because at some point I think John said that he
> had not incorporated the fixes you'd made in 2.2.8 into his version.

I have not had time to merge Jean-Yves latest changes in.  Feel free to
do so, I do not think it would be a big change.

Samba3 is very close to Samba2 in architecture if you want to go that route.

Samba4 is where all the new development work is going on.

Currently neither Samba3 or Samba4 ports for OpenVMS are known to be
available.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network