Disk share size reporting error?

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Tue Apr 12 16:50:50 GMT 2005

> could someone please post a couple of lines saying
> what the latest release(s) are for VMS and where they can be obtained.

OK, I think I can answer that.

The version 2.2.8 is currently available for download at
http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/
The latest version is the only one available for download, and was posted on
the 01-Feb-2005. For those who use older versions, I suggest to upgrade to
that version. There are no "pending patches" for the moment. There is a very
curious problem I am currently trying to solve (actually to reproduce), but
it involves some external product that (I think) is not widely used, so the
impact sounds low for most users.

John E. Malmberg has mixed the 2.2.8 port with the Unix 2.2.12 version, and
has done a number of changes/enhancements, mostly to support VMS 8.2 and
IA64. You must re-compile from the sources if you want to use it, so you
must have a recent DECC compiler.
My understanding is that this version is the first step towards John's
project to provide a VMS port of Samba version 4. I don't remember where
that version can be downloaded. Check in the samba-vms mailing list archive.
John's 2.2.12 version being less used than the 2.2.8, it is also less tested
in various environments.

JY