Disk share size reporting error?

Bradford J. Hamilton bradhamilton at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 11:10:01 GMT 2005

COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
> OK, thanks.
>
> Now, could you give me a couple more informations :
> - A copy of your SAMBA_ROOT:[LIB]SMB.CONF file
> - If I guess correctly, "WEB" should be a logical name. Is it true, and if
> it is, which does it translate to ?
> - What is your VMS version ?
> - Have you installed the latest patches (ACRTL/UPDATE mostly) available for
> that VMS version ?
>
> JY

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (172.16.1.34)
# Date: 2005/04/11 08:29:50

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         netbios aliases = vms rabbit.dnsalias.org rabbit
         deadtime = 10
         max disk size = 500
         printcap name = /sys$manager/ucx$printcap.dat
         default service = default
         guest account = PCFS$ACCOUNT
         create mask = 0777
         block size = 512
         print command = print %f/queue=%p/delete/passall/name="""""%s"""""
         lprm command = delete/entry=%j
         map archive = No
         share modes = No

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         read only = No
         create mask = 0750
         browseable = No

[printers]
         comment = All Printers
         path = /dsa1/pcfs_spool/default
         create mask = 0700
         guest ok = Yes
         printable = Yes
         browseable = No

"WEB" = "SYS$SYSDEVICE:[WEB.]"

TCPware(R) V5.6-2 Copyright (c) 2002 Process Software

OpenVMS version V7.3-1   booted on 15-FEB-2005 12:31:31.00,
         running on a Digital Personal WorkStation

  product sho hist *crtl*
----------------------------------- ----------- -----------
--------------------
PRODUCT                             KIT TYPE    OPERATION   DATE AND TIME
----------------------------------- ----------- -----------
--------------------
DEC AXPVMS VMS731_ACRTL V3.0        Patch       Install     22-JAN-2004
22:10:48

  product sho hist *upd*
----------------------------------- ----------- -----------
--------------------
PRODUCT                             KIT TYPE    OPERATION   DATE AND TIME
DEC AXPVMS VMS731_UPDATE V5.0       Patch       Install     15-FEB-2005
10:13:38

To answer your other question, I installed Samba approximately
7-APR-2003, so it's a very early build of 2.2.8, I think.  I've
downloaded the latest build, and the instructions seem straightforward,
so I'll give it a try in the next day or two.

Thanks again for all your fine work - it's a good product.

<snip>