Disk share size reporting error?

Bradford J. Hamilton bradhamilton at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 16:11:55 GMT 2005

COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't have this problem here (or I don't do what must be done to see it).
>
> What would be the right values for total size/free space on your system ?
> How do you get the wrong values (Explorer/Properties or by other means) ?
>
> JY

The "correct" values should be 36G/30G.  The "incorrect" values are
displayed by the "My Computer" icon in either W2K or WXP.  Please note
also, that the same "incorrect" values occur in FreeBSD, and that other
networked (and non-networked) drives show "correct" values.

This has a "practical" side-effect, as well; I cannot store my
Thunderbird mail folders on VMS, because Thunderbird complains that
there is no room to download new mail.

<snip>