Error in Samba installation

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Apr 1 02:29:46 GMT 2005

Plante, Sylvain wrote:
> Open-VMS users,
>
> Here's the error message I'm getting trying to install Samba 1.19 for
> OpenVMS 6.2-1H3
>
> %COPY-E-OPENIN, error opening
> LSL$USER_ROOT:[PLANTE.SAMBA.VERSION119]SMBD.EXE_ALPHA; as input
> -RMS-E-FNF, file not fouund
>
> Where is that SMBD.EXE_ALPHA file ? When I uncompressed the installation
> file it is not there ???

Samba 1.19 is so ancient that it may not work well with newer PC
clients.  It does not support encrypted passwords.

I think that 2.0.3 was submitted to the DECUS archives.  An internet
search engine should find copies of it on line.

I think your best bet is to find a way to build the 2.2.8 or 2.2.12 kits.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network