WinXP -> OpenVMS tests reproduced using C++ test pro

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Sep 30 01:21:17 GMT 2004

John E. Malmberg wrote:

> That brings up another question about the UNIX SAMBA code, since the size
> query is coming in on the same session that knows it has the file open,
> why is stat() used instead of fstat()?
>
> I would expect that fstat() would know the file highwater mark for it's
> current file descriptor.

fstat() also is returning 0 for the test program that JYC posted.  It
may not be practical to get stat() changed as it is not real easy for
stat() to know about what any program on the system may be doing with an
open file.

On the other hand, fstat() should be able to track the high water mark
in the file, so maybe that can be fixed in a future release.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net