Packet analysis: WinXP vs. Linux<->VMS shows dramatic d iffer ences

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Wed Sep 22 12:47:29 GMT 2004

> In order to see the slow behavior, the file transfer has to be greater
> than 64,000 Kb.  With smaller files, it will not be seen.

Excuse me, but I don't agree. I just ran Ben's "ruby" bench, which is
creating that 10000 Kb file, and I can see the very, very slow behaviour: it
takes more than 36 seconds to run the bench (compared to 2.35 seconds for
running a simple COPY).

I thought Ben's bench results were the point, but I may have misunderstood.
Could you tell me exactly what kind of tests I could make in order to
reproduce that other kind of slow behaviour you are referring to?

JY