Packet analysis: WinXP vs. Linux<->VMS shows dramatic differences

BG - Ben Armstrong BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca
Mon Sep 20 16:36:22 GMT 2004

Oops.  I made one small error in reporting my findings.  Rather than use
the production OpenVMS samba server, which has a 100Mbps interface, I
have used our test OpenVMS samba node which is a much older, less
powerful system with a 10Mbps interface, thus ensuring I use entirely
"quiet" systems for testing.  This doesn't substantially change my
findings, but it might make the throughput numbers make more sense. :)

Ben