smbd serves connects only when ran in interactive mode (-i)

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Mon Sep 20 07:46:43 GMT 2004

The point is that, according to the logs, there is more than 6 seconds
between the first line of the log (Samba starts) and the error message (
socket not connected). I could reproduce the same "socket not connected"
error by adding a 5 sec "sleep" in the Samba code.

Services such as FTP do not have much to do for initializing, so they answer
to the initial connect request rapidly.

I guess there should be some registry key somewhere on the PC that could be
changed in order to have a longer time-out, but I don't know where.

Anyway, it's a good idea to try TCP/IP 5.3, but I don't have too much hope.

JY