Windows<->VMS Samba performance issue

BG - Ben Armstrong BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca
Fri Sep 17 19:17:42 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 14:04 -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Or were you looking for Windows client tuning tips?

Well, since the Linux client performance against the VMS Samba shares is
considered within an acceptable range of responsiveness relative to
performance against our Windows XP shares, that would suggest that
server tuning is of less importance than client tuning.  The only
possible exception is where the server might be tuned in such a way that
discriminates heavily against Windows client accesses.

I will address your other points in another note.

Ben