SAMBA share access problem report (Dymaxion 17=17275)

RR - Rod Regier RRegier at dymaxion.ca
Wed Oct 27 19:14:46 GMT 2004

(This is a more detailed version of a problem report submitted to JYC
earlier.)

I'm having a strange SAMBA share problem.
(2.2.8 release 20040908 + NEW.OBJ version).

If the following conditions are satisfied the end user encounters
application permission errors
when accessing files in a SAMBA share:

- MS XP workstation or MS NT terminal server session
- User has local administrator rights on their application execution
node
- NAI Network Associates Virus Scan Enterprise version 8
  -
http://www.mcafeesecurity.com/us/products/mcafee/antivirus/desktop/vs.ht
- Executing MS mail client like Outlook or Outlook Express
- Accessing a SAMBA share

Rescinding the local administrator grant permits the file access to
work.

This problem appeared when we upgraded some of our workstations and our
NT terminal server to
NAI Network Associates Virus Scan Enterprise version 8.

--
Rod Regier, Software Development           bus: (902)422-1973 x108
Dymaxion Research Ltd., 5515 Cogswell St., fax: (902)421-1267
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1R2 Canada    mailto:RRegier at dymaxion.ca
                                               http://www.dymaxion.ca
"VMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT V8.0 to be!" Compaq,
22-Sep-1998