Samba process NMBD halts the system

Petra Wiegmink petra.wiegmink at vodafone.es
Thu Oct 21 09:12:44 GMT 2004

Hello,

we have installed SAMBA 2.2.8 on an OpenVMS V7.3-1 system.

It works alright, but within the last 10 days it happend twice that the NMBD
process was using between 55 and 90% of the CPU time continuously which
seriously disturbed the other processes on the system. We have stopped NMBD
and started it again. It then worked alright again.

Has anybody ever had a similar problem? Any suggestions what I should do to
prevent that in the future (other than  stopping NMBD altogether).

Thank you,

Petra Wiegmink

Petra.Wiegmink at rosin.com
or