samba 2.2.8/util_str.c - Why is '$' exempted from '_' replac

Dave Jones JONESD at er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu
Mon Oct 11 15:00:27 GMT 2004

>Item on the todo list is to either have a VMS specific queue module that
>uses the $sndjbc[w]/$getqui[w] interfaces

I did a module like that last year, see
http://www.er6.eng.ohio-state.edu/~jonesd/print_vms_2.zip

The JOB ID mapping is a problem.  I cheated and assumed that VMS queue entry
numbers are less than 10,000 and that samba-created jobs don't exceed 6000.
I don't know if VMS version 8 manages entry numbers differently.

My print_vms module looks for the SAMBA_SERVED printer characteristic and if
found only serves printers that have that characteristics set.

David L. Jones               |      Phone:    (614) 292-6929
Ohio State University        |      Internet:
140 W. 19th St. Rm. 231a     |               jonesd at er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu
Columbus, OH 43210           |               vman+ at osu.edu

Disclaimer: I'm looking for marbles all day long.