SAMBA update environment issues

RR - Rod Regier RRegier at dymaxion.ca
Mon Nov 1 17:43:24 GMT 2004

 Brian Tillman wrote (in part):

> However, when I tried to
> open any of them, I was prompted for a username/password over
> and over.  I get no errors in any log, except for this
> showing in NMBD_STARTUP.LOG:

Just a wild guess, when you installed 2.2.8, did you preserve and
restore
the trust relationship control files in the .PRIVATE] directory?

I had similar errors updating to a new release when
I didn't save and restore the trust relationship files.

I had to fix it by using the TRUST command to re-establish
the trust relationship between my SAMBA node and the Primary Domain
Controller node.