2 GB limit?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Mar 16 03:41:37 GMT 2004

COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:
> I started to have a look on this 2GB size limit, and I don't clearly
> understand the last couple of messages in this list, about the "_LARGEFILE"
> definition. I suppose that you make references to some SAMBA/VMS version
> older than the one (2.2.8) on which I am working.

_LARGEFILE is a macro definition that you can put in the CONFIG.H and in
the OpenVMS wrapper code on V7.3-1 and later to get 64 bit file sizes.

I do not know if the support in V7.3-1 or V7.3-2 is good enough to fully
support Samba.

In addition for those of you that are playing with using RMS to
suppliment the stat() routines, on an ODS-5 volume, RMS can return the
number of actual data bytes in the file instead of just the size.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network