2 GB limit?

Ziller, James James.Ziller at qg.com
Thu Mar 11 15:06:09 GMT 2004

Hello,

	I am currently trying to replace Pathworks with Samba for VMS.  I
got the latest version I could find(version 2.2.8) at
http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/.  I installed it on a DEC 3000
running OpenVMS 7.3.  Everything appears to be working great except for
trying to copy a file over 2 gigs.  When trying to copy a ~4GB file from a
WinNT4 client to the samba server the file transfer errors out with the
message "Cannot copy big: Invalid file handle" on the windows system.  The
log files on the samba server do not contain any messages that seem to
pertain to the file transfer.  The resulting file on VMS ends up being
2,147,450,880 Bytes long.  Is the anyway to get passed this 2 GB barrier?

Thanks,

James Ziller
Information Systems

Quad/Graphics - Q/DS