*****SPAM:01.40***** Re: RE : Link problems with V2.2.8

ai26 at sternwarte.uni-erlangen.de ai26 at sternwarte.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jun 20 16:07:36 GMT 2004

In a message of Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:11:07 +0300
Received on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:23:57 +0200

Leo Klein <leoklein at netvision.net.il> wrote to samba-vms at lists.samba.org

>The machine I was trying to install Samba on is a Dec 3000 model 400
>server (1992-1993 vintage) running OpenVMS 7.2.1 with TCP/IP Services V5.1.
>
>Jan-Erik Söderholm XA (TN/PAC) wrote:
>>>STOP PRESS: Jean-Yves Collot has just sent me a rebuilt snprintf.obj
>>>which solves my undefined symbol problem, and the link now
>>>succeeds.
>>

>> Fine.
>> Now, exactly on *what* systems do you need this modified code ?

Well, for what it's worth, I had the same problem a while ago.  I solved
it by rebuilding from source and modifying config.h or whatever that was
until all the unsupported *printf routines wheren't needed.  This is on

$ cc/vers
DEC C V5.7-004 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.2-1

Michael

--
Michael Lemke
Sternwarte Bamberg, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany