Link problems with V2.2.8

Leo Klein leoklein at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 15 10:26:00 GMT 2004

I'm having a problem linking version 2.2.8: there are many messages
about two undefined symbols. I don't suppose I can ignore them and go
ahead with the produced .exe files as though all is well.

I'm using two files downloaded yesterday from
http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/ and dated 10-May-2004; they
are samba-2_2_8-src.zip and samba-2_2_8-obj.zip. I don't have the Dec C
compiler.

$ @link
Linking SMBD
%LINK-W-NUDFSYMS, 2 undefined symbols:
%LINK-I-UDFSYM,         DECC$GXSNPRINTF
%LINK-I-UDFSYM,         DECC$GXVSNPRINTF
%LINK-W-USEUNDEF, undefined symbol DECC$GXSNPRINTF referenced
         in psect $LINK$ offset %X000006A0
         in module SERVER file DKB400:[SAMBA228.SOURCE.SMBD]SERVER.OBJ;2
%LINK-W-USEUNDEF, undefined symbol DECC$GXVSNPRINTF referenced
         in psect $LINK$ offset %X000000A0
         in module DEBUG file DKB400:[SAMBA228.SOURCE.BIN]SAMBA.OLB;3
and so on.

There was a similar problem with a different PRINTF symbol in September
2002, and Jean-Yves fixed it.