smbclient 2.8.8 bugs

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Mon Aug 16 14:16:13 GMT 2004

Hi.

Well, in this case, my opinion is that "bugs" is quite an over-reacting
word. I would have said "unsatisfactory defaults", or "erroneous message".

Anyway, you are perfectly right: smbclient was defaulted with a debug level
of 2, which is bad. I am going to set it to 0.

You are right for the "Control6D/Control-Z" stuff, too. As far as I tested,
the Control-Z key is what the VMS smbclient is waiting for, and it works
correctly when the message to be sent is terminated by Control-Z. So, I am
going to change "Control-D" with "Control-Z" in the message.

JY

PS : more answers to come for your other messages.