Samba 2.2.8 on VMS 7.3-1

Geoff Roberts geoffrob at stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 06:39:03 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andersson, Jan" <jan.andersson at axfood.se>
To: <samba-vms at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:21 PM
Subject: Samba 2.2.8 on VMS 7.3-1

Still having difficulty making Samba useable.

As above.  To an XP box.  No domains involved.

It now asks for username/password but never authenticates for some reason.
(SMB is set to use encrypted p/w and XP does so by default).

Also could someone point me to some *VMS Specific* docs.  The online html
docs are useful but are rather too unix specific for someone that doesn't speak Unix.
(Like me).  Is there some UID equivalent that needs to be poked in somewhere in
addition to username and hashed password?  Is there some way to make it use
the SYSUAF instead of a separate user database?

I'll post my smb.conf or anything else that might help.

Thanks

Geoff in Oz