Linux smbfs and smbclient 3.0.0 and 2.2.3a timeout on contact

Ben Armstrong ben at bgpc.dymaxion.ca
Tue Oct 21 10:21:49 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 06:41, Jan-Erik Söderholm XA (TN/PAC) wrote:
> That wasn't interesting as such, it was the number of direct I/O's
> to perform the search that was. The issue is that the file is
> filed up with *deleted* RMS records...

I am aware of that.  Unfortunately, in my case, the search is simply
optimized away since the search thinks there are no records.  I end up
with only 1 DIO consumed:

search samba_root:[var.locks]unexpected.tdb "garbagein"/log/stat
%SEARCH-I-NULLFILE, file SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR.LOCKS]UNEXPECTED.TDB;1 contains no reco
rds
%SEARCH-S-NOMATCH, SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR.LOCKS]UNEXPECTED.TDB;1 - 0 records

Files searched:                 1       Buffered I/O count:         6
Records searched:               0       Direct I/O count:           1
Characters searched:            0       Page faults:               23
Records matched:                0       Elapsed CPU time:  0 00:00:00.00
Lines printed:                  0       Elapsed time:      0 00:00:00.00
%SEARCH-I-NOMATCHES, no strings matched

Ben
--
      Ben Armstrong                -.       Medianet Development Group,
      BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca         `-.    Dymaxion Research Limited