Samba 2.2.8 not starting

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Mon May 19 14:23:35 GMT 2003

About this NMBD not starting problem, with some pain and the help of Georges
Bert, I finally achieved to explain what happens, and to fix it. Basically,
it was a problem of un-initialized stat array in the "stm_open" routine,
when a new file is created. As often when dealing with un-initialized stuff,
the behaviour changed with apparently uncorrelated actions (such as using
the "-i" option, adding debugging instructions, etc...)

Well, anyway, the next version will fix that.

I don't post the new version now, because I wait for other problems for me
to fix, that may happen in the near future. In the meanwhile, this
particular NMBD not starting problem can be temporarily fixed by adding the
"-i" option in the SAMBA_ROOT:[BIN]NMBD_STARTUP.COM procedure.