Samba 2.2.8 not starting

georges.bert at Lafarge-Ciments.Lafarge.com georges.bert at Lafarge-Ciments.Lafarge.com
Wed May 7 11:04:04 GMT 2003

Hello,

Andreas W. Wylach <aw at es3w.ioc3.de> wrote:
> When i start up samba with samba_startup, it gets registered with the
> tcpip stack on my vms system. But the nmbd process dies right after the
> startup...

I found exactly the same problem on a VAX/VMS-7.1/UCX. One workaround
is to work in "interactive" mode :

$ assign /system """-i""" samba_nmbd_options
$ del samba_root:[var.locks]nmbd.pid;
$ @sys$startup:samba_startup

I doesn't explain the problem but it's the only solution I've found !

Georges

"This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute,
disclose or use the information it contains.  Please e-mail the sender immediately and delete this message from your system.  E-mails are susceptible
to corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment; we do not accept liability for any such changes, or for their consequences. You should be
aware, that the company  may monitor your emails and their content"