smbfs reads Variable files incorrectly from VMS Samba 2.2.8

Ben Armstrong ben at bgpc.dymaxion.ca
Mon Mar 31 18:20:04 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 18:25, Gorazd Kikelj wrote:
> Did you try seting SYSGEN parameter RMS_HEURISTIC to 1?
> On pathworks this can make a difference when interpreting text files.

I did check this parameter and it is 0 on our system.  But having my sys
admin change SYSGEN parameters is definitely outside of my comfort
zone.  Is there any evidence this would make a difference for
Samba/VMS?  Also, given that an adequate explanation has already been
given for why this is expected behaviour with smbfs + Samba/VMS 2.2.8, I
have my doubts that it would help.

Ben
--
      Ben Armstrong                -.       Medianet Development Group,
      BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca         `-.    Dymaxion Research Limited