Mounting samba 2.2.7a from Linux read-write hazardous

Ben Armstrong ben at bgpc.dymaxion.ca
Tue Mar 25 15:39:41 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 11:17, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I will be first downgrading smbfs to see if this is only a bug in my
> bleeding-edge version on not.  Any other suggestions would be
> appreciated.

I have downgraded my smbfs to a much earlier, stable release: 2.2.3a and
can still reproduce the file type munging bug with that version.  This
would seem to make it less likely that smbfs is the source of the bug
(although again it doesn't entirely rule out the possibility).

Ben
--
      Ben Armstrong                -.       Medianet Development Group,
      BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca         `-.    Dymaxion Research Limited