PB with filename

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Thu Mar 13 18:29:37 GMT 2003

> We have many filenames with double underscores ( __ ) under VMS and they
> do not appear under Windows explorer.
> I have a look on Internet it seem to be normal under Samba Vms !!!

The best idea I have is to use ODS-5 file system on your disk.

Another way is to define the logical name :

$ DEFINE/SYSTEM SAMBA_FILESPEC_ENCODE NEVER

If you do that, your files will appear again, but the
non-compatible-with-VMS filenames (such as names with blanks inside, or with
the "~" character, for example) will not be permitted via Samba/VMS. May be
you can accept that.