Detecting directory changes.

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Thu Mar 13 11:36:53 GMT 2003

That's actually a way to consider, but I am not too much confident, because
the problem is to know when directory contents are changed. You are talking
here of RMS locks, and changes in the directories are not made by RMS, but
by the XQP. I mean that there is no calls to RMS $OPEN service when changing
the directory contents, so there is probably no RMS$xxx resource either to
be "AST blocked" for that purpose.

Note that, even if it works, I think that the way RMS uses the VMS lock
manager (resource names, etc...) is not (strictly speaking) more
supported/documented than the way the XQP uses it... Sure, both are
described here and there, but I don't think there is a real commitment from
HP/Compaq that it can't be changed without notice...

Anyway, I have not too much time to check that presently, but I'll do it as
soon as I can.