New release of Samba-Vms 2.2.7a

Dave Jones JONESD at er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 11 16:27:51 GMT 2003

>The biggest news is that the TDB files are now RMS Indexed ones, so the
>performances are better and the files are no more corrupted.
>A new procedure in SAMBA_ROOT:[BIN], named INIT_TDB.COM, is provided for
>creating empty TDB files. This procedure is used during the installation
>processing for initialing the TDB files.

I put a modified vms_tdb.c in the zip file at:

    http://www.er6.eng.ohio-state.edu/~jonesd/samba/vms_tdb.zip

that knows how to create the indexed files without the external command
procedure.  When the .tdb file is missing or the wrong record type, it
creates a new file with FDL$CREATE using FDL embedded in the source file.

I also made some minor changes so it compiles without requiring /standard=VAX.

David L. Jones               |      Phone:    (614) 292-6929
Ohio State University        |      Internet:
140 W. 19th St. Rm. 231a     |               jonesd at er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu
Columbus, OH 43210           |               vman+ at osu.edu

Disclaimer: I'm looking for marbles all day long.