New release of Samba-Vms 2.2.7a

Jean-Yves COLLOT jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Mon Mar 10 10:07:58 GMT 2003

Hi.

The new release is now available at
http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/jyc/

The biggest news is that the TDB files are now RMS Indexed ones, so the
performances are better and the files are no more corrupted.
A new procedure in SAMBA_ROOT:[BIN], named INIT_TDB.COM, is provided for
creating empty TDB files. This procedure is used during the installation
processing for initialing the TDB files.

Note that if you used the DOMAIN security mode, the informations about that
are kept in SAMBA_ROOT:[PRIVATE]SECRETS.TDB. This file will be initialized
by the installation process, so you will have to join your domain again,
with the "smbpasswd -j domain -r controller" command.

In addition, the bugs and problems that were told to me in this mailing list
are fixed (incorrect checking of passwords, better dealing with memory cache
validity, etc ...).

Many thanks to those of you who helped me about those bugs and their
correction.