Successful usage of Alpha/VMS Samba in multi-user environment?

RR - Rod Regier RRegier at dymaxion.ca
Mon Jun 16 19:52:49 GMT 2003

I'd appreciate hearing from any site that has successfully
deployed Alpha/VMS SAMBA V2.2.8 SE on VMS V7.3-1 in a multi-user
share environment (or version close to the above).

We have an "almost working" configuration but are experiencing
intermittent "write_socket_data: write failure. Error = broken
pipe" errors.  This same network previously supported Pathwork
V5.x shares without complaint.

Any hints on resolving configuration/environment issues that
weren't obvious?

TIA

--
Rod Regier, Software Development           bus: (902)422-1973 x108
Dymaxion Research Ltd., 5515 Cogswell St., fax: (902)421-1267
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1R2 Canada    mailto:RRegier at dymaxion.ca
                                               http://www.dymaxion.ca
"VMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT V8.0 to be!" Compaq,
22-Sep-1998