NT Domain user authentication

Steve Stapleton Steve.Stapleton at rmainc.net
Mon Jul 7 17:55:25 GMT 2003

Is it possible to get Samba on OpenVMS to accept NT Domain authentications?
I have installed Samba 2.2.8 on an OpenVMS 7.2-2 system and would like to
permit users access to the Samba shares based on their Domain login with out
creating individual accounts on the VMS system.  We are running NT 4.0
servers so we are not concerned with active directory which I understand
Samba does not support at this time.

The only other issue I have at this time is when I browse the Window Domain,
the OpenVMS system running Samba does not always show up.  Does NMBD have to
run all the time for this to work properly?

Thanks
Steven J. Stapleton
Risk Management Alternatives
Office: 614-944-5626
Cell: 614-309-1774
Pager: 888-505-1091Email: Steve.Stapleton at RMAinc.net
<mailto:Steve.Stapleton at RMAinc.net>
Text Page: SteveStapleton at MyAirMail.com
<mailto:SteveStapleton at MyAirMail.com>

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and destroy
the related message.