Samba Documentation

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Wed Jul 2 15:48:44 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Boyce, Nick wrote:

> Paul,
>
> 1)  Your symptom description came through to me as :
>
>     This works sometimes,  but then I get
>
>      <<...OLE_Obj...>>
>
> I guess your "OLE_Obj" didn't make it through our firewall.  Please either
> (a) attach it as a (small please !) graphic image file, or (b) just tell us
> what the error message was in text.

None of the SAMBA mailing lists will accept most attachments by intention.
They also remove the HTML portion of posts.

Paste inline with plain text, and then it will get through.

Also if you did not note it, please specify the date of the .ZIP file that
you downloaded SAMBA from as all the 2.2.x.? downloads use the same
filename.  The version of SAMBA, and the version of OpenVMS, the version
of TCP/IP and any CRTL ECO kits are usually also needed.

There may also be methods of telling SAMBA what type of file structure to
use depending on the version that you are uisng.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only
[Internet access impaired this week]