Samba Documentation

Paul Wiles paul.wiles at thomsonpublishingservices.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 14:31:24 GMT 2003

Can anyone tell me where to find configuration documentation for Samba for
Vms. I am running Samba 2.2.7a  on OPENVMS 7.2-1 and am trying to configure
samba so that some of our users can save excel spreadsheets from Windows NT
directly to our HP ES40 using drive mappings as below.

 [csv orders]
   comment = ops email directories on sy2
   valid users = GUEST
   path = /$1$dga14/itps/dat/csvorders
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no

This works sometimes,  but then I get

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

This message is strictly private containing confidential information intended solely for the use of the person named above. If you have received this e-mail in error and are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy or distribute it to anyone else. Please immediately advise the sender and delete this email and all attachments.

Thomson Publishing Services may monitor and archive emails and any attachments in line with current legislation. Although this email has been scanned for all known viruses it is not a guarantee that it is virus free and it is the recipient’s responsibility to scan e-mail received. Therefore, Thomson Publishing Services accepts no liability for the consequences of passing on any viruses.