Please do not post MIME or attachements to SAMBA-VMS

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Jan 17 19:14:51 GMT 2003

Folks, please check the settings of your e-mail programs before posting

> Estarei em f=E9rias at=E9 20 de Janeiro. Neste Per=EDodo os correios =
> recebidos por mim est=E3o sendo encaminhados para x.
>
> Atenciosamente,

[Translation by AltaVista Bablefish]

| I will be in f=E9rias at=E9 20 of January. In this Per=EDodo the post
offices
| received for me est=Eó being directed for x.

Please make sure that your out-of-office responders do not respond to
mailing lists.  Mailing lists have codes inside their headers so that an
autoresponder can detect them.

Sending out of office messages outside of your company can also be a
security risk as it assists in identity theft.

[ tradução ]
Certifique-se por favor de que seus responders do para
fora-$$$-escritório não respondem às listas enviando. As listas enviando
têm códigos dentro de seus encabeçamentos de modo que um autoresponder
possa os detectar. Emitir fora das mensagens do escritório fora de sua
companhia pode também ser um risco da segurança enquanto ajuda no roubo
da identidade.

>   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
>   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>   Send mail to mime at docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

This message was generated by a mail sending program that was aware that
it was not sending in a mode compatable with all e-mail systems, and in
particular mailing lists and news groups.

It would be better if it would give you a warning about this before it
sent the message instead of implying that there is something wrong with
the e-mail reflector.

Please make sure that you use plain text only, and paste additional text
inline instead of as an attachment.

> ---559023410-1804928587-1042820518=:29822
>
> OyBDb25maWd1cmF0aW9uIGZpbGUgZm9yIHNtYmQuDQ0KOyBUZW1wbGF0ZSBm
> b3IgVk1TDQ0KOyA9PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09
[Several pages of binary dump snipped]

Please do not post attachments to the list, particularly large logs or
the smb.conf files.

Base64 arrives as an unreadable mess after it has given the e-mail
digest mode indigestion.  It is very difficult to recover MIME
information from the digest mode.

It is unlikely that a smb.conf or an entire error log is going to help
anyone determine what is wrong.  It is just too much information.

If someone thinks they need more detailed information to assist with a
problem they will ask for the additional information.

And when replying to someone, do not quote or attach the entire previous
message.  Delete as much as possible with out loosing context.  The
entire archives of this list are available on-line from http://www.samba.org

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network