Samba consumes a lot of resources

Jan-erik Söderholm (QAC) Jan-erik.Soderholm at pac.ericsson.se
Fri Jan 17 16:58:58 GMT 2003

Hi.
I'm using :
Samba 2.2.7a
TCPIP Services 5.1 (I think)
VMS 7.3-1
AlphaStation 250 4/266 (EV4, 266 mhz) with 128 Mb.

Now, to compare performance with your system, could you be
a little more specific ? Such as :

"It takes x sec to open a folder with y files."
"It takes x sec to open a file of y bytes with notepad."

Then I could see if it is similar to my system.

And what is GVIM ?
How large was the file ?

Jan-Erik Söderholm
PS.
Before I used the 2.2.-something release, and the 2.2.7a
is *much* faster.
DS.