ECHO after exiting smbpasswd

Jan-erik Söderholm (QAC) Jan-erik.Soderholm at pac.ericsson.se
Thu Jan 2 19:03:15 GMT 2003

Hi.
If I exit smbpasswd with ctrl-C at any of the
password-prompts, I have to do SET TERM/ECHO
"blind" before I get any output back on my
terminal.

Is this expected ?

And another thing about the smdpasswd file...

I'v never realy understod if this file is a *must*
to use SAMBA. Doesn't SAMBA use the UAF ?
Each time I test a new SAMBA install, I get the
"unable to open the passdb database" message in
the log files. Does it only have to exists, or
does it also have to have "real" usernames ?

Jan-Erik Söderholm.