installing samba

J M john_20_28_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 15:36:15 GMT 2003

I believe it is 2.0.6.  I have copied the linked files
to bin.alpha.  Do I need to do anything else (my
logicals are present)?

No need to ask for forgiveness, I asked same questions
when linking
SAMBA
2.0.6. Don't know about your SYS$INPUT problem, but
.exe_axp extension
files
are indeed executables, as OpenVMS doesn't need .exe
extension for the
executable files. Also are you linking SAMBA 2.0.6, or
later. Frontport
is
not required for newer versions 2.2.4 or later. Kindly
try to give at
least
version of
your SAMBA in questions, it helps.