Samba and OpenVMS on Alpha

Jan-Erik Söderholm XA (TN/PAC) jan-erik.xa.soderholm at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 12 21:15:49 GMT 2003

Meece, Patricia A wrote :

> I have a copy of Using SAMBA, 2nd ed.  I am a VMS user.  Has
> anyone written a manual or book that  discusses SAMBA in VMS
> terms????
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for
> your time.

Hi.
Actualy, I started out on one some time ago (about a year ago).
It's was not much more then a "skeleton" with some basic info,
such as where to find the kit and some basic istallation info.
(Currently I can't find it on my systems... it might be lost...)

Anyway, I'd be glad to try to be the "editor" of some
VMS-specific SAMBA doc, if you'd like.

Maybe, if I got the time, I could try to re-compile something
that lookes like my old document as an suggestion.

Maybe one could just dig in the SAMBA-list archivs and the document
would mostly have a fairly large "Q/A" section based on that. But still,
with "contents" and "index" and partioned into logical sections, it would
be easier to search then the online archives (maybe) ?

Jan-Erik.

PS.
As an extra bonus, the docs will look like any (old) VMS docs, since
I'm compiling it using DECdocument...  :-)