Samba and OpenVMS on Alpha

Meece, Patricia A (Facilities and Services) PAMeece at oandm.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:26:41 GMT 2003

Hello SAMBA users,

I have installed SAMBA version 2.2.8 on an Alpha running OpenVMS 7.3-1.
This version was downloaded from the pi-net.dyndns.org site.

The compile and linking had no problems.  I am trying to make the ALPHA a
member of an existing PDC that is on a Windows 2000 network.

I have a copy of Using SAMBA, 2nd ed.  I am a VMS user.  Has anyone written
a manual or book that  discusses SAMBA in VMS terms????

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Patricia Meece
University of Illinois
Facilities & Services
217-244-8014