No subject

Tue Dec 2 04:42:38 GMT 2003

> And another thing about the smdpasswd file...
> I'v never realy understod if this file is a *must*
> to use SAMBA. Doesn't SAMBA use the UAF ?
It depends of the "security" mode you define in your SMB.CONF. When in
DOMAIN mode, smbpasswd is not used, because all password checking is done by
the domain controller(s).
Actually, Samba/VMS uses the UAF just the same as Samba/Unix uses the
/etc/passwd file, and  uses the smbpasswd and smbusers files exactly like
Samba/Unix. I agree that it's somewhat confusing, so my best idea is to
carefully study the Samba documentation...