Mail Admin: SAMBA-VMS list is being flooded.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Aug 26 00:47:10 GMT 2003

Martin Pool wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> This block is now in place.  Let me know if trouble persists.

Thanks,

I have had one response from one of the Austrailan virus scanners
claiming that they have fixed their virus scanner.

> For urgent issues like this it is better to write directly to
> postmaster at samba.org -- I for one read that more frequently than s-t.

Ok, I will try to remember that.

I see that a old? virus claiming to be security at microsoft.com and has
attempted to deliver three copies to the samba-vms list members.

Source: 65.96.38.72 - Comcast.net.

I would be surprised if anyone on the open-vms mailing list would object
to it being restricted to subscribers.  I am switching to using the
newsgroups that mirror the Samba lists, as it is much more convenient
for reading.

Thanks,