SAMBA 2.2.8 disconnects after certain time?

nahmed at softhome.net nahmed at softhome.net
Tue Aug 19 20:25:34 GMT 2003

Hi,

I installed, and configured SAMBA 2.2.8 successfully. It was really easy,
thanks to everyone who did the wonderful porting.

I am using the shared drive to access ALPHA server for a real time
application, and put new version through test i.e. writing in a text file on
mapped drive after every 2 seconds. Connection was working correctly, and it
worked for about 8 hours, after that I got error 'Cannot access file'. In My
Computer mapped drive was disconnected, but when I tried to access it, it
worked, and I could see the files, but I am still puzzled why it failed.
Because after that it failed for two times again after 30 minutes, and 45
minutes, but mapped drive didn't disconnect.

Is this problem due to some timeout or other network error? Or since this is
my first use of SAMBA with a real time application that requires continuous
access, is it reliable for that? If anyone has some experience with it,
kindly share it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Naveed